<$BlogRSDUrl$>

1 October 2008

VOICE OF THE EDMUND RICE NETWORK HEARD AT THE UN 

"This was one of the most important experiences of my life," Br Ralph Sequiera told colleagues in Geneva. "For the first time I have really felt that what I have been doing for the last ten years in Arunachel has made an impact beyond my local community. The reality of the lives of the poor in rural India is largely unknown outside India. People don't know. Now, I feel that my community in India has found its voice. We know that we can bring our story to the world. It's a great feeling."

Br Ralph was speaking after giving testimony before a United Nations Social Forum in Geneva on the impact of poverty and environmental degradation on the poor in his local community in the state of Arunachal Pradesh

His participation in the forum was facilitated by both Edmund Rice international and Franciscans International

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?